Chinese beef stir fry with wild rice
- Rating: 4 stars
- Takes: 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- Serves: 4
- 200g long grain & wild rice blend
- 2 sirloin steaks/lean beef (475g), cut into strips
- 2tbsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 125g savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2tbsp soy sauce
Each serving contains 380 calories, 7g sugar, 13g fat, 3g saturates and 1.4g salt.
Cook the rice according to pack instructions and drain.
Meanwhile, mix the beef and 5 spice powder together. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the beef for 3 minutes. Add the pepper and carrot and stir fry for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and soy sauce and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
Serve immediately on top of the rice.
Use brown rice mixed with some chopped spring onions as an alternative to the brown and wild rice blend.
See more Chinese Recipes