Chocolate puds with Baileys sauce
- Rating: 3 stars
- Takes: 15 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- Serves: 6
- 125g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 40g (1½oz) cocoa
- 125g (4oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g (3½oz) soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 Finest assorted truffle balls
- For the Baileys sauce
- 200ml (1/3 pint) single cream
- 6 squares of white chocolate
- 4tbsp Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
Each serving contains 545 calories, 32g sugar, 35g fat, 21.5g saturates and 0.5g salt.
Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Mix the flour and cocoa together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the butter with the sugar, then beat in the eggs. Fold the mixture into the dry ingredients. Put a large spoonful of the mixture into six 150ml (¼pt) pudding basins, add a truffle to each, sitting it in the centre. Divide the remaining mixture between the basins and smooth the tops.
Place the basins on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, or until they are risen and feel springy to the touch.
Meanwhile, heat the cream and white chocolate together. When smooth, add the Baileys. Turn the puddings onto plates and serve with the warm sauce.
*This pud is very rich and indulgent, so it shouldn't be eaten too often. But it's perfect for those special occasions.
See more Irish recipes