Chunky chilli baked potato
- Rating: 4 stars
- Takes: 10 mins to prepare and 1 hr 15 mins to cook
- Serves: 2
- 2 baking potatoes, washed and pricked
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g Tesco thin beef steak, diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 green chillies deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp cayenne or hot chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1tbsp Tesco fruity brown sauce
- 2tbsp Greek yogurt
- salad, to serve
Each serving contains 250 calories, 8g sugar, 8.5g fat, 3g saturates and 1.1g salt.
Preheat the oven to Gas 7, 220°C, 200 °C fan. Cook the potatoes for about an hour until the skins are crispy.
Heat the oil in a large pan and when very hot, stir-fry the steak, onion, chillies, cumin seeds and cayenne for 3-4 minutes.
Lower the heat, add the tomatoes, beans and brown sauce and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Season then spoon half of the chilli onto the baked potatoes. Top with a spoonful of yogurt and serve immediately.
For lunch: Warm four tortillas according to the pack instructions. Mash the flesh of a large avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice then spread onto the tortillas. Spoon on the reheated chilli mixture, roll and eat.
See more healthy recipes