Chunky chilli baked potato
- Rating: 4 stars
- Takes: 10 mins to prepare and 1 hr 15 mins to cook
- Serves: 2
- 2 baking potatoes, washed and pricked
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g Tesco thin beef steak, diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 green chillies deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp cayenne or hot chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1tbsp Tesco fruity brown sauce
- 2tbsp Greek yogurt
- salad, to serve
Each serving contains 671 calories, 17.5g sugar, 18.3g fat, 6g saturates and 1.9g salt.
Preheat the oven to Gas 7, 220°C, 200°C fan. Cook the potatoes for about an hour until the skins are crispy.
Heat the oil in a large pan and when very hot, stir-fry the steak, onion, chillies, cumin seeds and cayenne for 3-4 minutes.
Lower the heat, add the tomatoes, beans and brown sauce and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Season then spoon half of the chilli onto the baked potatoes. Top with a spoonful of yogurt and serve immediately.
For lunch: Warm four tortillas according to the pack instructions. Mash the flesh of a large avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice then spread onto the tortillas. Spoon on the reheated chilli mixture, roll and eat.
See more healthy recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.