Cod, mussel and saffron stew
- Rating: 4 stars
- Takes: 5 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- Serves: 4
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- large pinch saffron
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can haricot beans
- 450ml fishstock, hot
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 450g mussels, washed and de-bearded
- 500g skinless cod or haddock fillet, cut into 3cm chunks
- 2-3tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
Each serving contains 295 calories, 7g sugar, 6g fat, 1g saturates and 1.3g salt.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan and gently sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée, then add the saffron, tomatoes, beans and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Stir in the vinegar and season. Gently stir in the mussels, scatter the cod or haddock on top, pushing into the liquid gently. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed.
Season with salt and pepper, scatter with parsley and serve immediately.