Creamy fish pie
- Rating: 5 stars
- Takes: 10 mins to prepare and 40 mins to cook
- Serves: 4
- 1kg (2lb) white potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 x 250g tub Garlic & Herbs Extra-Light Soft Cheese
- 1 x 320g pack fish pie mix
- 1 x 190g pack Cooked & Peeled Coldwater Prawns
- handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- milk (optional)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 100ml (3½fl oz) fish or vegetable stock
- 1tbsp cornflour
Each serving contains 444 calories, 7g sugar, 11.5g fat, 3.3g saturates and 1.4g salt.
Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190ºC, fan 170ºC. Put the potatoes in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Drain and mash, adding a little milk if you wish. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion for 5-10 minutes, until softened. Add the soft cheese and the stock and combine well.
Blend the cornflour with 2 teaspoons of cold water and stir into the sauce. Cook for a few more minutes until thickened. Add the fish pie mix and cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the prawns and parsley.
Pour into an oven dish and top with the mash. Cook for 25-30 minutes until piping hot.
Freezing and defrosting instructions
This recipe can be frozen before cooking in the oven. To reheat, defrost at room temperature for 1 hour and bake for 30 minutes at 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.