Crisp halloumi and guacamole wraps
- Rating: 5 stars
- Takes: 20 mins to prepare and 6 mins to cook
- Serves: 2
- ½ x 250g (8oz) pack halloumi, cut into 4 slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g (2oz) white breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 2 tortilla wraps, warmed
- good handful mixed winter leaves
- For the guacamole
- 1 small, ripe avocado
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, halved
- handful mint leaves,chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp pomegranate seeds
Each serving contains 645 calories, 5g sugar, 36g fat, 14.5g saturates and 2.6g salt.
Make the guacamole first. Mash the avocado flesh, then mix with the onion, juice of half the lime, mint, chilli and pomegranate seeds. Season to taste.
Dip each halloumi slice into the beaten egg, let the excess drip away and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the crumbed halloumi for 3 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
Take the warm wraps and spoon some guacamole in the middle towards the top, then top with two slices of halloumi and a handful of salad leaves. Squeeze over some more lime juice, then fold the wrap over at the bottom and sides, leaving the top open.