Dairy Free, Gluten Free Coconut Pearls
- Rating: 0 stars
- Takes: 45 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- Serves: 6
- 3 cups tapioca pearls (soaked overnight)
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- handful (optional) handful of fresh strawberries
1. Add tapioca pearls, coconut milk, almond milk, salt, coconut oil and vanilla essence into heavy-based saucepan. Combine fruit at this stage if using.
2. Simmer on low heat, stirring constantly until tapioca absorb the milk and the texture becomes thick (approximately 30 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and spoon into individual or large bowl.
4. Serve chilled or warm with a drizzle of maple syrup, berries or any fruit of your choosing.
For an exotic twist you can add a can of lychees, pineapple of any other fruit of your desire.