Fruit and sunflower seed soda bread
- Rating: 4 stars
- Takes: 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook, 10 mins to cool
- Serves: 10
- 100g (3½oz) mixed dried fruit
- 150ml (5fl oz) boiling water
- 175g (6oz) wholemeal flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g (3oz) sunflower seeds
- 4tbsp Tesco Light Choices natural bio yogurt
- dash sunflower oil
Each serving contains 140 calories, 8g sugar, 5g fat, 0.6g saturates and 0.3g salt.
Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180°C, 160°C fan.
Put the dried fruit in a heatproof bowl with 150ml (5fl oz) boiling water and set aside.
Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into another mixing bowl. Mix in the seeds and yogurt, then stir in the fruit and water.
Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled 450g (1lb) loaf tin (19x10cm/7½x4 in). Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven until firm and golden.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin. The bread will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container.
*Inspired by Rupert B. featured in the Realfood Cookbook
See more Health recipes