Ham, tomato and lettuce sandwich
- Rating: 4 stars
- Takes: 20 mins to prepare
- Serves: 4
- 6-8 ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 12 slices good quality farmhouse white bread, thickly sliced
- 8 thick slices boiled ham
- 1 butterhead lettuce, washed and dried
- For the tartare sauce
- 150g mayonnaise
Each serving contains 545 calories, 9g sugar, 27g fat, 4.6g saturates and 4.4g salt.
Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes
Toast the bread until lightly golden. Lay four slices of toast on the surface and spread with mayonnaise.
Rip the lettuce into bite size pieces and place on top of the mayonnaise. Top with the tomato slices, then a slice of ham. Place another slice on toast on top and repeat to make a double-decker sandwich.
Cut each double-decker into three strips and secure with cocktail sticks before serving.