North African-style turkey salad
- Rating: 0 stars
- Takes: 15 mins to prepare and 8 mins to cook
- Serves: 4 as a main
- 280g roasted peppers
- 1½tbsp harissa paste
- 300g (10oz) cooked turkey, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 200g (7oz) roast carrots
- 380g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 70g pitted green olives
- 1 x 83g bag seasonal babyleaf salad
- handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
Each serving contains 375 calories, 4g sugar, 16g fat, 1.4g saturates and 0.9g salt.
Drain the antipasti and set aside, reserving 4 tbsp of the marinade liquid from the jar.
Place a large frying pan or wok over medium heat and add the harissa paste and turkey. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until turkey is heated through. Add the carrots, chickpeas and antipasti and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add a splash of water if the mixture starts to stick to the base of the pan.
Transfer to a large serving platter and add the reserved marinade, sherry vinegar and olives. Season. Allow to cool.
Add the salad leaves, parsley and pine nuts and gently toss to combine. Serve before the leaves start to wilt.
Use any combo of cooked, starchy root veg, such as parsnip, squash or celeriac.
See more Side Dish recipes