Salmon and egg tarts
- Rating: 5 stars
- Takes: 15 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- Serves: 4
- 400g (13oz) ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 4 eggs
- 75g x 4 (3oz) pieces salmon fillet, skinned and trimmed
- 4tbsp virtually fat-free fromage frais
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- bunch fresh chives
Each serving contains 627 calories, 1g sugar, 39g fat, 11g saturates and 1.2g salt.
Lightly oil four small 10cm (4in) tart cases. Dust a work surface with flour, roll the pastry out and cut rounds large enough to fit the four tart cases.
Once lined, place all the cases in the fridge and then leave them to chill and rest for 10 minutes until ready to use.
Heat the oven to Gas 5, 190°C, 375°F.
Remove cases from the fridge. Crack an egg into each one and add a fillet of salmon and 1 tablespoon of fromage frais to each. Season, place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to Gas 4, 180°C, 350°F, and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Before serving add a sprinkle of chopped-up chives.
See more Salmon recipes