Thai coconut chicken soup
- Rating: 4 stars
- Takes: 10 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- Serves: 4
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 1-2tbsp green curry paste
- 700ml (23fl oz) chicken stock
- 165ml (5½fl oz) coconut milk
- ¼tsp sugar
- 1 x 400g (14oz) pack mini chicken fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 x 125g (4oz) shitake mushrooms, quartered
- 150g (5oz) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- beansprouts, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
Each serving contains 177 calories, 4.9g sugar, 4.7g fat, 1.1g saturates and 2.5g salt.
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan then add the curry paste. Cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds. Pour in the stock and the coconut milk, then stir in the sugar and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken fillets and cook for a further 5 minutes. Toss in the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, then add the sugar snaps. Simmer for a few minutes more, until the chicken is cooked through, with no pink showing and the vegetables are just tender.
Squeeze in the lime juice, then ladle the soup into bowls and top with spring onions, beansprouts, coriander leaves and a little lime zest.
See more Soup recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.