Wednesday: Sweet and sour pork stir-fry
300g long grain rice
2 tbsp plain flour
227g tin pineapple slices in natural juice
2 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp finely grated ginger
2 tbsp clear honey
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp vegetable oil
500g pack pork stir-fry
1 red onion, sliced
150g pack mangetout
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 15 mins until tender.
2. Meanwhile, put the flour into a bowl. Drain the pineapple slices, reserving the juice. Add the juice to the flour and whisk well until there are no lumps. Add the soy sauce, ginger, honey, tomato purée, garlic and 4 tbsp water. Mix well until fully combined and smooth.
3. Cut the pineapple slices into chunks. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or high sided frying pan over a high heat. Fry the pork strips for 4-6 mins until cooked through and starting to turn lightly golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add another 1 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the red onion and mangetout for 3-4 mins until tender. Add the chopped pineapple, sauce and cooked pork back to the pan, and simmer everything for 4-5 mins until the sauce has thickened and coats the veg. Add a splash of water if the sauce thickens too much.
5. Drain the rice. Serve in bowls with the sweet and sour pork over the top.