Tuesday: Griddled polenta with lemon kale and mushrooms
1½ tbsp olive oil
3 onions, finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
180g pack kale, woody stems discarded
380g pack mushrooms, sliced
500g pack Italfresco ready-made polenta, quartered
½ x 125g pack soft goat’s cheese
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. In a large frying pan, heat ½ tbsp oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften. Increase the heat to high and cook for 5 mins more, adding the garlic for the last 1 min.
2. Add the kale and 100ml water; cook for 2-3 mins until the kale is wilting and bright green. Season, remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Toss the mushrooms with ½ tbsp oil and griddle for 5 mins each side until crisp and golden. You might need to do this in batches. Stir into the kale and onions, then set aside.
4. Brush the polenta with the remaining ½ tbsp oil and sear in the griddle pan for 3-4 mins each side until golden and piping hot.
5. Divide the polenta between 4 plates, add the kale and mushroom mix and crumble over the goat’s cheese. Scatter with lemon zest and squeeze over the lemon juice to serve.