This strawberry blondies recipe is the ultimate summer holiday baking project to indulge a sweet tooth. Rich, fudgy white chocolate blondies are topped with juicy sliced strawberries for a crowd-pleasing bake – slice into generous squares and pack up for picnics.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with nonstick baking paper.
- Put the butter and half the white chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. Leave to cool slightly.
- Put the eggs and caster sugar in a large bowl and whisk until thick and creamy. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the top and fold together until fully combined. Gently fold in the flour.
- Toss the remaining chocolate in a little dusting of flour and stir three-quarters into the blondie mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface. Toss the strawberries in a little dusting of flour, then scatter them over the top along with the reserved chocolate. Bake for 40-45 mins until lightly browned (check after 30 mins – if browning too much, cover loosely with foil for the remaining cooking time).
- Cool completely in the tin on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares. Dust with icing sugar, if you like.
Tip: Dusting the chocolate and strawberries in a little flour helps stop them from sinking to the bottom of the blondies.
See more Baking recipes
View full recipe details