Easter bunny cupcakes
Easter bakes don't get much more fun than these creative cupcakes, sure to delight kids and adults alike. Bake a batch to round off your Easter feast.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and oil until thick and fluffy.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Add the vanilla extract, carrot, sultanas and orange zest; gently mix together.
- Put 12 paper muffin cases in a muffin tin. Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
- Use half the marzipan and the green and orange food colouring, to make 12 small carrots.
- Take the remaining marzipan, flatten it with your hand and sprinkle over the cocoa powder. Roll it up, then knead and squeeze the marzipan until it’s smooth and brown. Divide into 6 balls and set aside.
- Put the fondant icing sugar in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of cold water and mix. Gradually add more water 1 teaspoonful at a time until you have a thick spreadable mixture. Add green colouring. Spread a spoonful of the green icing on the top of each cake. Put 2 carrots on top of 6 of the cakes and put 1 brown bunny body on each of the remaining cakes.
- Using the white ready-to-roll icing, make 6 small balls for bunny tails. Moisten with a little water and stick to the top of the bunny bottoms.
- Make 12 small balls about the size of a chickpea. Flatten each one gently then shape into ovals. Using a little water, stick two feet on each bunny. In a small cup, mix the remaining cocoa powder with a little water until you have a smooth paste. Using a small clean paint brush, paint circles on the bunny feet to represent paws.
See more Easter recipes
View full recipe details