Chocolate and coconut torte
This decadent vegan dessert is completely gluten-free and dairy-free, yet you'd never guess. Perfect for a special occasion or dinner party, this rich torte has a crunchy granola base, silky chocolate and coconut filling and exotic mango topping.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease and line a 6-7cm deep, 18cm-wide springform cake tin. Double wrap the outside of the tin with foil to make it waterproof.
- Put the granola in a bowl and crush with the end of a rolling pin. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, then mix into the granola. Spoon into the tin, press down with the back of a spoon and bake for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the soft cheese, cocoa and sugar. Put the tofu in a blender or food processor with the coconut milk and corn flour, and blitz briefly until smooth. Stir into the soft cheese mix until combined.
- Once the base is cooked, stand the tin in a deep roasting tin. Spoon over the chocolate mix. Boil a kettle, then pour water into the roasting tin so it comes to halfway up the sides of the cake tin. Bake for 1 hr or until firm. Turn off the oven and leave the torte inside to cool for 15 mins with the door ajar.
- Transfer the torte from the water to a wire rack. Leave to cool completely in the tin (about 2 hrs), then remove and slide onto a serving plate. Chill for 2 hrs.
- To serve, peel and slice the mango. Toss in rum, if using, and arrange on top of the torte. Scatter over the coconut and chocolate, if using. Cut into slices.
See more Vegan recipes
View full recipe details