Turkish lamb kebabs
These gorgeous lamb kebabs are so quick to make and are packed with flavour. Just make a quick marinade, sizzle the meat in a griddle pan and serve with warm pitta breads topped with lashings of houmous, chilli sauce and a vibrant fresh salad.
- To make the pepper paste, combine the pepper, onion, garlic, butter and the spices and whizz for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Put the lamb in a large bowl and add the pepper paste, rubbing it into the meat until well covered. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Combine the tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and parsley in a large bowl. Add the sumac and lemon juice; toss to combine. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat a griddle pan. Cook the lamb for 4-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove and leave to rest, covered with kitchen foil.
- Wipe the griddle clean with kitchen towel. Brush the pitta with the oil and toast on the griddle for 1-2 minutes, until warmed through.
- To assemble, put a piece of lamb on each pitta and top with the salad, a little houmous, yogurt and chilli sauce (if using). Serve with a pickled chilli pepper on the side, if you like.
Tip: The pepper paste can also be mixed with mince to make delicious Turkish-inspired meatballs
See more 30-minute fakeaways
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
View full recipe details