Turkish lamb kebabs
These gorgeous lamb kebabs are so quick to make and are packed with flavour. Just make a quick marinade, sizzle the meat in a griddle pan and serve with warm pitta breads topped with lashings of houmous, chilli sauce and a vibrant fresh salad.
- To make the pepper paste, combine the pepper, onion, garlic, butter and the spices and whizz for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Put the lamb in a large bowl and add the pepper paste, rubbing it into the meat until well covered. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Combine the tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and parsley in a large bowl. Add the sumac and lemon juice; toss to combine. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat a griddle pan. Cook the lamb for 4-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove and leave to rest, covered with kitchen foil.
- Wipe the griddle clean with kitchen towel. Brush the pitta with the oil and toast on the griddle for 1-2 minutes, until warmed through.
- To assemble, put a piece of lamb on each pitta and top with the salad, a little houmous, yogurt and chilli sauce (if using). Serve with a pickled chilli pepper on the side, if you like.
Tip: The pepper paste can also be mixed with mince to make delicious Turkish-inspired meatballs
See more 30-minute fakeaways
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.
View full recipe details