Jamie's green veg risotto
Jamie says: "With 2 portions of your 5-a-day, this is feel-good food at its best!"
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a pan on a low heat.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, then snap off and discard the woody asparagus ends. Finely slice the stalks, setting the tips aside for later.
- Put 1 tbsp oil in a large, high-sided pan on a medium-low heat. Add the chopped onions and asparagus stalks and cook for 15 mins, or until soft and sweet, stirring regularly. Pick the mint leaves and set aside for later, adding the stalks to the stock pan for extra flavour.
- Stir the rice into the veg pan and toast for 2 mins. Add a ladleful of stock and wait until it’s been fully absorbed before adding another, stirring constantly and adding ladlefuls of stock until the rice is cooked — this will take 16-18 mins. Add the asparagus tips and peas for the final 5 mins of cooking.
- Stir in the cottage cheese, finely grate in most of the Parmesan or pecorino, and drizzle over 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Stir well, season to perfection, turn off the heat, cover and leave to rest for 2 mins.
- Finely slice the larger mint leaves and stir through the risotto. Serve with a final grating of cheese, sprinkled with the smaller mint leaves. Delicious with a crisp, green salad.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes.
View full recipe details