New potato, chicken and red onion skewers
Jamie says: "Harissa is a storecupboard hero
– an easy shortcut to big flavour, it brings a smoky warmth to these oven-roasted skewers."
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Halving any larger ones, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 mins, or until just tender, then drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the garlic cloves and lemon zest, mix with the harissa, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp yogurt, a good squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of seasoning.
- Peel the onion, cut into wedges, then separate into petals. Cut the chicken thighs into quarters. Toss the chicken, onions and potatoes in the dressing, thread onto 4 skewers and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 40 mins, or until gnarly and cooked through, turning and basting halfway.
- Finely shred the lettuce. Drizzle the skewers with extra virgin olive oil. Serve in warm flatbreads with the lettuce and remaining yogurt, with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
View full recipe details