Henry's 'being good tonight' falafel
Henry was a bit gutted when he found out that his girlfriend had become a devout vegetarian – especially as he loves his steak and chips. However, being the true gent that he is, he crafted this wonderfully tasty veggie meal for her that's become an instant favourite in their house.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Wrap the corn in foil and bake for 18 mins.
- Meanwhile, toast the quinoa in a frying pan over a medium heat, stirring frequently for 2-3 mins, until golden. Add the stock, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 mins before stirring in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Remove the baked cobs from the oven and reduce the temperature to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Put the falafel on a baking tray and bake for 6-8 mins until crisp. Once the cobs are cool enough to handle, remove the foil and slice off the kernels.
- Mix the red cabbage, carrot, corn, rocket and quinoa together. Divide the mixture between 4 bowls, then top with the falafels, avocado, and a generous dollop of tzatziki.
Short on time? Swap the corn on the cob for a drained 325g can of sweetcorn in water.
Leftover cabbage makes for a lovely slaw – grate it together with raw beetroot, carrot and apple.
View full recipe details