Eton mess semifreddo
This frozen version of a classic British Eton mess is the perfect pud to feed a crowd on a sunny day. This easy no-churn ice cream recipe is studded with sweet strawberries, white chocolate and crispy crushed meringues for an indulgent summer dessert.
- Line a 26cm cake ring with clingfilm, allowing a 5cm overhang. Put half the white chocolate in a small saucepan and melt gently over a low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly but not set. Chop the remaining chocolate into small chunks; set aside.
- Place the chopped strawberries in a bowl and mash slightly with a fork. Put the cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl and, using an electric whisk, beat for 4-5 mins until soft peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat. Stir through the cooled melted chocolate and the yogurt. Using a large spoon, fold in the chopped white chocolate, mashed strawberries and meringue. Pour into the lined cake ring.
- Bring the overhanging clingfilm over the mixture to cover the semifreddo, then freeze for 8 hrs, or overnight.
- About 30 mins before serving, reserve 5 large strawberry halves and toss the remaining fruit with 100ml elderflower cordial; set aside for 30 mins. Blitz the reserved strawberry halves and remaining cordial to make a drizzle.
- Turn the semifreddo out onto a board; peel away the clingfilm. Top with the elderflower strawberry halves and the drizzle. Serve in slices.
See more Dessert recipes
View full recipe details