Speedy veggie week: Recipe for Monday lunch
Spiced couscous salad with toasted pine nuts
- Rating: 5 stars
- Takes: 10 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- Serves: 4
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 375ml chicken stock made from concentrate
- 200g uncooked cous cous
- 300g pack of cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 2tbsp toasted pine nuts
Each serving contains 254 calories, 6.4g sugar, 11.7g fat, 1.4g saturates and 0.9g salt.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan gently fry the onion for about 5 minutes until translucent , stir in the spices and cook for a minute. Add the stock and bring to the boil, remove from the heat and stir in the couscous, allow to stand for about 5 minutes until the stock is absorbed.
- Fluff up with a fork then add the other tablespoon of oil and all the remaining ingredients, season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
To toast pine nuts simply fry on a medium heat in a pan, shaking occasionally. Remove the seeds when they darken and become fragrant.