A quick modern family inspired recipe with the use of smoked haddock by Alyn Williams - you can change the haddock for another white fish if you wish.
- Break all of the eggs into a bowl and whisk and season with salt and pepper - this would be great step to involve the little ones in.
- Over a medium heat place a large non-stick pan. Grease the pan with a kitchen towel soaked with a tablespoon olive oil.
- Pour just enough egg mixture to cover the bottom of the pan thinly - tilt the pan side to side to check that it’s evenly covered.
- Leave to cook until the egg is just set, then remove and plate. Repeat until all three omelettes are cooked.
- In another pan, bring to boil the 500ml of milk. Remove from the heat and slowly lower the haddock into the hot milk - leave to poach for 6-10 minutes.
- Now add the spinach and leave for another 2 minutes, after this drain the milk away.
- Flake all the fish into a clean bowl – a great task for the little ones. Stir the crème fraîche, wilted spinach and chopped chives together ensuring that it’s mixed well.
- Spoon the entire contents of the bowl into the middle of each omelette and roll tightly into a thin, tight wrap. Serve immediately.
See more Easy recipes for kids