Use up your leftover roast beef to make Andrew MacKenzie’s deliciously light Thai beef salad. You can add a little chilli if you fancy a bit of extra punch, and serve with chopsticks if the kids fancy a challenge!
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions and set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes into wedges and place in a large salad bowl. Slice the Chinese leaf thinly and add to the bowl.
- Halve the cucumber, scrape out the seeds with a teaspoon and cut into 8cm long strips. Add to the bowl.
- Chop the salad onions and add to the bowl, then de-seed the pepper and finely dice. Add to the bowl with the cooked noodles and mix the salad well with your hands.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and get your little helper to whisk them together until well combined.
- Add the oil to a hot pan and fry the beef strips for a couple of seconds to warm through. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, mix well and divide between four bowls. Top the salad with strips of beef and some torn up mint and coriander leaves and serve.
See more Easy recipes for kids
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.