A brilliant way to combine seasonal berries, these muffins make a delightful bite-sized treat for you and the kids. You better sneak one away before the kids get to them, as there might not be any left!
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200˚C, fan 180˚C.
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and then add the granulated sugar.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and add the sunflower oil, whisk until light and fluffy. Then, add the milk and whisk the mixture for a further minute. This step involves a great basic kitchen skill for kids to learn. Show them how to use the whisk to beat the egg and oil mixture.
- Fold the egg mix into the flour – ensuring you do not over-mix but all the flour is mixed in. There may still be a few lumps but this is okay.
- Roughly slice the black cherries and mix in with the white chocolate and mixed berries.
- The kids can easily do this step! Have them spoon an equal amount of mixture into each muffin case before sprinkling the cereal on top - you can also use a wide selection of seeds.
- Cook the muffins for 25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool in the tray before placing on a wire rack. Serve straightaway or store in an airtight container for up to three days.
See more Baking recipes for kids