Andy Water’s Thai chicken soup in a cup is a simple fun recipe with a colourful twist.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a pan. Once hot, add the Thai green curry paste. Cook gently for 1 minute, then add the chopped ginger.
- Gently pour in the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, simmer for a minute.
- Add the chicken, bring to the boil and then turn down the heat again and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and carrots to the soup and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, pour enough boiling water over the dry noodles to cover. Bring to the boil and heat until the noodles are tender and cooked, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander and spring onions to the soup.
- Drain the noodles and divide between 4 cups - let the kids choose their favourite cups to serve the soup in, the more colourful the better!
- Carefully pour the soup over the noodles. Sprinkle the chopped chilli on top and serve with wedges of lime – go light with the chilli, especially if the kids are doing the sprinkling and make sure everyone washes their hands thoroughly immediately afterwards!
See more Chicken recipes
Always ensure that chicken is cooked through, with no pink showing.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.