These gorgeous baked puddings have a pillowy soft base of creamy mascarpone and ricotta cheese, lightly baked with egg, vanilla and sugar. Each little pot is topped with vibrant pieces of coral pink rhubarb, which have been gently poached in orange and honey, and slithers of toasted almonds for added crunch.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. In a medium bowl, beat the egg with an electric whisk. Add the ricotta and mascarpone and continue mixing until smooth. Stir in the vanilla seeds and sugar.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, put the rhubarb, orange zest and juice, honey and 3 tbsp water in a medium pan.
- Gently bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and summer for 3-4 minutes, until the rhubarb has softened, but still holds it's shape. Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- To serve, top each pudding with a few pieces of rhubarb. Spoon over a little syrup from the pan, then scatter each with flaked almonds. Drizzle with honey.
See more Rhubarb recipes