William Drabble’s baked stuffed apples are perfect for the letting the kids get involved with mixing lots of ingredients together with their hands.
- Core the apples completely through. Use a knife to score around the equator of the apple, piercing the skin.
- Preheat the oven to gas 2, 150°C, fan 130°C.
- Using your hands, mix together the butter, brown sugar, raisins and ground almonds in a bowl - little ones will love getting stuck into mashing the filling. Make sure they use a big bowl or else some pesky raisins may escape!
- Fill each apple halfway with the almond mixture, then add a couple of blackberries to the centre as well.
- Bake the stuffed apples in the oven until soft, approximately 20-30 minutes. Serve warm with remaining blackberries.
Instead of almonds try toasted breadcrumbs with 3 drops of imitation almond essence.
See more Dessert recipes for kids