Fire up the barbecue with these crowd pleasing Brazilian beef skewers. They're perfect for grilling on the barbecue and the ideal sharing dish for a big summer feast
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes to prevent them burning during cooking.
- Put the steak, olive oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, onion and peppers in a bowl. Season well and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato salad. Put the red onion into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes then drain. Pour over the lime juice and leave to stand for a further 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl along with the tomatoes and coriander. Season and mix well.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto the soaked skewers. Place the skewers onto a hot barbecue (the barbecue is ready when the coals are white and ashen) and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving plate. Serve with lime wedges and the tomato salad.
See more Barbecue recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.