1. Brown the beef in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the peppers, carrots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often to stop it from sticking, adding a little water if necessary.
3. Add the curry powder and stir well to mix, then add the tomatoes, mango chutney, 300ml water and the tomato puree. Cover and simmer gently for about 1 ½-2 hours, or until the meat is tender, adding more water if necessary.
4. About 15 minutes before serving, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Serve with the curry.
1. You could make this in a slow cooker, transferring it at step 3, though you won't need the 300ml water.
2. For extra heat, add a generous pinch of dried chilli flakes when you stir in the curry powder.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.