This recipe is definitely one to add to your kids’ cooking repertoire. Not only can the toppings be experimented with but it’s a simple dish that’s sure to be a source of inspiration time and time again.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on a plate. Roll the asparagus around so that the seasoning sticks. Encourage your little helpers to get involved with this step.
- Barbecue the asparagus or place them under a hot grill for approximately 3-4 minutes - do not overcook the spears as you want them to retain a bit of crunch.
- Into 4 separate bowls crack the eggs and place 2 per bowl. Whip with a fork until foamy and into each bowl add the salt, pepper and chopped mint.
- Over a medium heat and add the oil and butter into a small frying pan. Pour 1 bowl of the whipped egg mixture and stir quickly with the back of a fork.
- After approximately a minute or so when the frittata is half set, arrange a few asparagus and some soft cheese on top.
- Reduce the heat and leave for another minute. Slide the frittata onto a plate and repeat the process.
- To taste, grind some black pepper over the frittatas and drizzle a little olive oil. Serve immediately.
See more Easy recipes for kids