1. Heat a large saucepan and add the minced beef, a handful at a time, cooking it until browned. Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, spices, red pepper, mushrooms, kidney beans and stock. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for between 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions.
4. Season the chilli with pepper and serve with boiled rice.
1. Instead of serving with rice, serve with baked potatoes, topped with a spoonful of low-fat plain yogurt and some chopped cucumber and tomatoes.
2. Turkey mince makes an excellent chilli - and it's lower in fat too. If you are a vegetarian, substitute the minced beef with vegetarian mince.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.