I first made this dessert whilst living and working in Saudi Arabia - many years ago when there were few supermarkets. The ingredients were readily available and inexpensive.
The resulting dessert was chilled, light and fluffy and great to eat any time during the hot days and nights. A dinner party favourite.
1. Chill evaporated milk for a couple of hours.
2. Dissolve jelly in minimum amount of water in microwave (30 -60 sec) then make up to 1/2pint with cold water and add the juice from 1 lemon.
3. Whisk up evaporated milk until light and frothy.
4. Separate egg and add yolk to evaporated milk and whisk in.
5. Add cold jelly mix and whisk again.
6. Whisk egg white until peaks.
7. Fold into to cold mixture.
8. Place 2 teaspoons of mandarin oranges into the bottom of 6 wine glasses (save 6).
9. Top with mixture leaving 2 cm at the top
10. Chill until set.
11. Whisk cream and add a generous blob to the top of the set, chilled mixture.
12. Add a slice of mandarin orange and sprinkle generously with grated chocolate or broken chocolate flake.
13. Return to fridge until ready to serve.
You can vary the recipe by using different flavoured jellies and fruit.
You can change the presentation using differed glassware- looks great in a brandy glass.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.