A fun dish that will get the kids of all ages involved. The older kids can help with the shallow frying while the younger ones can help coat the haddock balls.
- Bring to boil a pan of milk and then lower in the fish fillets. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Into a clean pan strain away the liquid and set aside the fish for later.
- Over a medium heat, place the pan containing the milk and add the diced potato. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Remove from the heat and drain away the liquid.
- Into a clean bowl, use a fork to flake the fish adding the potato, shallot, ginger, tarragon, chilli, cardamom and salt and pepper. Stir together and shape into balls resembling a ping-pong size.
- Into 3 separate bowls add flour, beaten egg and sesame seeds to coat the haddock balls. Dip the balls into the following order - flour, egg and sesame seeds and repeat this step until all the balls are done.
- Bring a pan over a medium heat containing a little vegetable oil. Shallow-fry until the balls are golden. Remove from the pan and place onto kitchen paper to shake off excess oil.
- Mix together the yogurt, chives and parsley into a bowl to serve alongside the ping-pong balls.
See more Main recipes for kids