Try our traditional tuna nicoise with fresh tuna and crunchy salad.
- Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the green beans, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are just tender. Drain with a slotted spoon into a large bowl filled with iced water and leave until cold. Return the water to the heat, gently add the eggs to the pan and boil for 8 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, season the tuna steak with just a pinch of salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the tuna steaks and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on each side, until well browned but slightly pink in the middle.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the tuna to a plate to rest. Drain the eggs in a sieve under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Mix the mayonnaise with 1½ tbsp cold water and stir in the garlic. Roughly tear the lettuce leaves and put them in a large serving bowl. Scatter the haricot beans over the lettuce and add the red onion.
- Arrange the eggs and anchovy fillets on top of the salad. Break the warm tuna steaks into large chunks and drop gently on top. Drizzle with the creamy dressing to serve.
See more Salad recipes.
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.