This decadent pudding is moist and dense and everything a sticky toffee pudding should be, but with the added bonus of it being gluten-free.
- Preheat oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Grease and line the base of 6 pudding/dariole moulds.
- Place the dates in a saucepan with 200ml (1/3 pint) water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes until the dates are completely soft.
- Place the date and water mixture in a food processor and blitz to a purée. Add in the remaining sponge ingredients and blitz again until well combined.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between the prepared moulds, filling each one about 2/3 - 3/4 full. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the sponges have risen and are firm, and slightly springy to the touch. A skewer should come out clean. If they look like they are beginning to burn, cover with foil until done.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Place the sugar, butter and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved, then cook for another few minutes, stirring all the time until the mixture has thickened a little and darkened in colour.
- Leave the puddings in their moulds for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate and spoon over the toffee sauce and some double cream.
See more Gluten-free recipes