This chunky soup satisfies everyones tastes in the family for a cold days warm meal and the whole batch usually lasts about two meal times for a family of four as we all have large portions with seconds, sometimes thirds :)
1) boil the chicken skin and bones in the boiling water for 30 mins. whilst this is making stock, prepare all the other vegetables and hand torn chicken.
2) remove skin and bones from the water.
3) add in all the ingredients except the salt and pepper.
4) cook for 30-45mins - longer is required if using a pot and lid.
5) add salt and pepper if necessary.
6) serve with crusty bread.
Use a pressure cooker to cut the cooking time to 30mins.
Stir the soup just before using a ladle - the chunky ingredients tend to lie at the bottom.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.