A regular ‘Dairy-Free‘ favourite in my house - easy to make either from scratch or from the freezer and using leftover veg. Recently tried it with the new Tesco ‘Free From’ Soya Medium grated on top - brilliant ‘cheesy‘ results!
1. Add the warm water into a jug.
2. Add the pinch of sugar to the warm water and mix gently.
3. Sprinkle the yeast on top of the warm water mixture and wait for about 10 minutes (or until it gets a little foamy on top).
4. Now, pour the foamy liquid into a large bowl.
5. Add the flour, salt, (spices/seasonings if using) and the olive oil and mix together until completely combined and a soft dough ball is formed (add a little more flour if the mixture feels too sticky).
6. Once you have a moderately stiff dough, place on a floured surface and knead lightly for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
7. Form into a ball, place in a bowl and cover with a clean teacloth and let rest for about 30 minutes.
8. Remove the dough from the bowl and divide in half so that you have 2 equal-sized dough balls.
(9. Note: If you only want to make and cook one pizza immediately (to serve approx. 1-3 people, if having 2 square servings each) you can now freeze one of the dough balls. Rub olive oil over the spare dough ball and put it in a freezer bag and place in the freezer. When you want to make a pizza with it in the future, just take the bagged, frozen dough ball out of the freezer and allow to thaw completely before using. I usually take it out of the freezer first thing in the morning ready to make a pizza with it for the evening meal).
10. When ready to cook at least one pizza: Take one dough ball and place it back on a floured surface and knead lightly for 1-2 mins. Lightly grease a baking tray (I use a 33x23x2cm (13x9x¾“) sized baking tray) and shape the dough to fit the tray, making it thicker at the edges. Pat it down firmly with your fingers until it stretches over the whole tray. (The thinner the better!)
11. Pre-bake the dough at 425F/Gas Mark 7/ 220C for approx. 10 minutes.
12. Once pre-baked: If it has bubbled/risen up, prick a hole in the dough and carefully pat down.
13. Now for the topping! Spread over the hummus and then add the roasted vegetables and any other toppings of your choice.
14. Bake at 425F/Gas Mark 7/ 220C for approx. 20-30 minutes.
15. Serve with salad or enjoy on its own!
Hints and Tips:
Serves: One pizza makes 6 square servings (to serve approx. 1-3).
Time: Approx. 2hrs to prepare everything from scratch & 20-30 mins to cook the final pizza.
Quantity: Dough mixture is enough to make 2 pizzas.
Handy tip: Dough is freezable.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.