Jamie says: "This is a beautiful cross between a pie and a samosa, filled with tender potatoes, sweet peas and – of course – loads of lovely spinach. I’ve used a tikka spice paste here, but you can use any curry paste you love. Serve with mango chutney, yogurt and a crispy fresh salad, and you’ve got yourself a lovely dinner."
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Scrub and chop the potatoes into rough 1cm chunks and place in a large, wide shallow pan on a medium-high heat. Cover with boiling water and simmer for 10 mins or until just cooked. Drain and leave to steam-dry in the colander.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion and place in the same pan with ½ tbsp olive oil. Stir in the spice paste and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins. Return the potatoes to the pan with the spinach and peas and cook for 5 mins or until the spinach is wilted. Season to perfection, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, lay 4 sheets of filo pastry in an oiled baking tray, leaving half of each sheet overhanging like a cross. Brush with a little oil, then repeat with the remaining pastry, brushing with oil in between sheets. Spread the cooled filling into the centre, then fold in excess pastry sheets, one by one, to create a square pie. Brush the top with a little more oil and sprinkle over the sesame seeds, if using. Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and crisp.
4. When you’re ready to serve, cut the pie into quarters and swirl the mango chutney through the yogurt to serve on the side. Delicious with a crunchy salad or slaw.
● If using frozen spinach, defrost and squeeze out any excess liquid in a clean tea towel before stirring into the pan.
● Swap the veg for whatever you’ve got to use up – anything goes.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
Recipe image photography credit:©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Richard Clatworthy