The earthy flavour of the mushrooms is complemented by the refreshing and acidic orange and watercress salad in this recipe from Luke Tipping. Feel free to improvise and swap the ham for something else if you’d like.
- Place the ham, garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs in a blender and pulse until the mix breaks up.
- Gradually drizzle the honey in and pulse to bring the mixture together. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Take the stalks off the mushrooms and place them top-side down on a baking tray. Drizzle a little olive oil over the mushrooms and place in an oven set to Gas Mark 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Leave in the oven for 15 minutes until soft.
- Split the mix evenly into 4 patties and use them to fill the mushrooms. Drizzle olive oil over the filled mushrooms and then place them under a hot grill. Cook until the topping turns golden in colour, this will take 2-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break the orange into segments and toss with the watercress in a bowl. Add a small dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. There’s no need to make a dressing as the juice from the orange will help dress the salad.
- Take the mushrooms out of the grill and serve onto plates. Garnish the plate with the orange and watercress salad and serve immediately.
See more Mushroom recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.