Frittatas hail from Italy, and are a quiche-like dish. In this recipe, Marcello Tully presents muffin-size frittatas, using the sweetness of the apple to balance the savoury sausage flavour.
- Place the potatoes in a pan, cover them with water and bring to the boil. Once the potatoes are tender, drain in a colander.
- Peel, core and dice the apple and put in a bowl with cold water. Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice into the water to prevent the apple from browning.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and grated cheese in a bowl until they are well-combined. This is perfect for kids to do, so you can step back and let them take control.
- To the bowl, add the cooked pork sausage, apples, sultanas and potatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and gently mix until combined.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C, fan 170°C.
- Divide the mix evenly into the muffin cases. Bake for 12-15 until they’re cooked through and serve warm.
See more Easy recipes for kids