Warming spices and clementine are flavour combinations made in heaven, and are sure to go down a storm with the family.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Place the muffin papers into a 12-hole muffin tin. You could also use silicone inserts if you have them.
- Get the little ones to mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, caster sugar and spices in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Grate the clementine zest into the bowl and combine. If you’re making the dry mix in advance, leave the zesting until the day of serving.
- Juice the clementines into a measuring jug, making sure to remove any pips. Add milk until it comes up to the 200ml mark of the jug.
- Lightly whisk the oil and egg into the milk mixture until just combined.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are combined - a little helper will definitely be able to help out with this.
- Lastly, stir in the cranberries and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Top the muffins with a sprinkle of Demerara and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve. You can also allow the muffins to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
See more Easy kids recipes