Passion fruit and orange curd taste heavenly in this zingy pavlova - the perfect dessert to impress your guests with this summer.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C / Gas Mark 1/2.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt to form stiff peaks, then, while still whisking, add the sugar to the bowl in a steady stream. Once all the sugar is added, whisk until the mixture is stiff and glossy – this may take 5 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with nonstick baking paper and draw a circle on it, about 26cm in diameter. Pile the meringue into the circle, then make an indentation in the centre. Bake for 2 hours, then turn the oven off and leave the meringue in the oven to cool completely.
- Put the cream in a bowl and fold in the orange curd, lime juice, and the pulp from 3 passion fruits. Lightly whip until it’s just holding its shape.
- Dollop the fruity cream into the centre of the meringue. Scoop out the pulp from the remaining passion fruits, then spoon it over the orange curd cream and sprinkle with the lime zest. Serve immediately.
Tip: If you can't get passion fruit, this recipe also works well with raspberries. Put a small handful in the cream, and top with another handful at the end.
See more Dessert recipes