Deliciously rich, moist and crumbly, choccy flapjacks! Note: I got to try Bioglan's Raw Cacao powder for free, courtesy of Tesco and Bioglan, as I am a member of ‘The Orchard’.
1) Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3 (160'C/325'F).
2) Melt the soya margarine, agave syrup, maple syrup and sugar together. (You can melt it in a jug in the microwave – try the temperature of the liquid mix at 20 second intervals, taking care to stir gently before trying, until it is all melted together).
3) Mix the oats, desiccated coconut, seed mix and cacao powder in a large bowl.
4) Add the melted liquid mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well, until all dry ingredients are well coated and the mixture clumps together easily.
5) Grease a baking tray and spread the mixture in the tray, patting it down to flatten it and even it out all over.
6) Bake in the oven, middle shelf, for 25-30 minutes, Gas Mark 3 (160'C/325'F).
7) After removing the whole, cooked flapjack from the oven, leave it to firm up a bit more in the baking tray.
8) After about 10 minutes, use a pizza slice to cut the flapjack into squares of the desired size. Wait until they have cooled before removing them completely from the baking tray so they don't get too crumbly!
Makes approx. 12-16 (depending on desired size). Prep time: 10 mins. Cooking time: 25-30 mins.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.