New to cooking with beetroot? This easy vegetarian recipe shows you how to best showcase this wonderfully versatile vegetable. Simply roast it to bring out its natural, earthy sweetness and serve with smoky aubergine and a citrussy tahini yogurt.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200ºC.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the beetroot wedges and the aubergine halves in the olive oil and cumin seeds, then arrange the beetroot wedges and aubergine halves on separate baking trays. Drizzle each with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and roast for 25 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir the tahini into the yogurt. Season with salt and the lemon juice. Divide the yogurt among four plates.
- Put the pitta bread pieces in the oven for 4-5 mins until crisp, then break into shards and arrange on each serving plate.
- Add 2 aubergine halves to each plate with a handful of beetroot wedges. Scatter with the toasted pine nuts and garnish with the chopped parsley.
See more SORTEDfood recipes
Recipe taken from the SORTEDfood recipe collection.