A quick and yummy fig recipe made with some of Tesco's scrumptious black bursa figs that I got to try for free as a member of Tesco's ‘The Orchard’ - a quick, easy and delicious dessert!
1) Heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
2) Wash the figs, then slice off the tops.
3) Cut an X into the top of each fig and place a piece of vanilla bean pod inside each cut fig.
4) Melt the butter/margarine in a small pan over a medium heat, then stir in the sugar, spices and red wine.
5) Stir until melted together and gently bubbling.
6) Place the cut figs in an oven-proof dish and pour the melted mixture over the top, coating each fig evenly.
7) Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes.
8) Serve the figs hot with ice cream.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.