I made this recipe for a truly British experience using red, white and blue ingredients.
Strawberries & Cream Bread Method:
1. Beat the butter until it is soft. Add the white sugar and mix until fluffy. Beat in the muscavado sugar and then add the eggs, one at a time.
2. Beat in the Elmlea and vanilla essence. Put to one side.
3. In another bowl, mix together the plain flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and combine together.
5. Fold in the chopped strawberries.
6. Pour into a greased tin. ( I use a loaf tin )
7. Bake in the oven at Gas Mark 4 or 350 F for around 60 - 70 mins or until golden brown.
8. Leave to cool on a rack.
Hot Blueberry Sauce Method:
1. Empty the blueberries, water, sugar and orange juice into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Mix the cornflour with a splash of cold water and slowly add to the blueberries to thicken the sauce. Take off the boil and add the cinnamon and almond essence.
Serve with the Strawberries and Cream Bread for a truly delicious experience.
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.