Sunshine egg salad recipe
This sunshine egg salad from Jamie Oliver is a recipe – suitable for a hearty lunch or light and bright dinner – that you should really add into your culinary repertoire. See method
- 2 tbsp dukkah
- 250g pouch wholegrain rice with quinoa
- ½ x 460g jar of roasted red peppers
- 200g baby spinach
- 4 large free-range eggs
- ½ a pomegranate
- 2 heaped tbsp natural yogurt
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put a large pan of salted water on to simmer for your eggs. Toast most of the dukkah in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat for 2 mins, then tip in the grains. Drain, finely chop and add the peppers. Cook and stir for 5 mins, season, then divide between your plates. Return the pan to the heat and quickly wilt the spinach. Season to perfection and divide over the grains.
- Meanwhile, crack each egg into the simmering water in one fluid movement and poach for 3 mins, or until cooked to your liking. Squeeze a little pomegranate juice into a bowl and ripple through the yogurt, then bash the pomegranate half with the back of a spoon so the remaining seeds tumble out.
- Drain the eggs on kitchen paper, then place on top of the spinach. Spoon over the pomegranate yogurt, then sprinkle with the remaining dukkah and the pomegranate seeds.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
7 Ways by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House © Jamie Oliver
Enterprises Limited (2020 7 Ways). Photography: Levon Biss.