This vegetable bake is perfect to fill you up in winter! It’s easy to make and ingredients can be substituted according to taste. (Note: I got to try a pack of Tesco carrots and parsnips for free as a new member of ‘The Orchard’).
1. Preheat the oven to GM7 / 220C / 425F.
2. Place all the vegetables in a roasting tin and toss with olive oil. Roast for approx. 50 minutes.
3. Place all the roasted vegetables in a large pot/pan and add the garlic, tomato puree, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, dried herbs and dried spices.
4. Bring to boil and then simmer for approx. 10 mins.
5. Stir the cornflour into the water, and then pour this mixture into the pot/pan, stirring until the mixture thickens a little bit more. Remove from the heat and place into a casserole dish/hotpot.
6. Make the savoury scones: Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add in the soya margarine and rub between your fingertips until the mixture becomes like fine breadcrumbs.
7. Add the soya milk, a little at a time, and stir until a soft, smooth dough is formed – add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
8. On a floured board, roll out the dough to approx. 2cm (½ “) thick and with a medium sized cookie cutter, stamp out approx. 10-12 shapes.
9. Preheat the oven to GM6 / 200C / 400F. Arrange the uncooked savoury scones around the edge of the vegetable mixture in the casserole dish/hotpot, (and add some on top, in the middle too if needed), brush the tops with soya milk and then bake for 25-30 minutes or until the scones have risen and are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. (Be careful as they will be very hot!).
10. Serve with some steamed green vegetables of your choice or enjoy on its own!
Please note: this recipe has been created and uploaded by a member of the Tesco Real Food online community. Tesco does not test customer recipes so cannot accept responsibility for the content, validate the results or answer queries regarding them.